Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Splish Splash



Today was a fun day!  We went to Brain Balance, a splashground park that also had a playground with guess who…Adeline!!  Then we came home and went swimming.  Drew did not do well at Brain Balance today.  He did not want to do his core exercises.  Core exercises are extremely important to developing the cerebellum, which is critical to developing higher areas of the brain.  I don’t understand why he was so uncooperative today.  We had a fun morning at the apartment.  We had breakfast and put on a kid station on iTunes radio and he just danced away. 


I thought he was going to have a great day.  He ended up losing all of his stickers for the day.  :-(
I’m already to the bulleted part.  It’s amazing how much shorter the posts are when it only covers one day!  
  • While we were at the splashground he initiated play with a boy but then turned around and got into it with another.  :-/
  • While we were eating lunch Caitlyn took the cheese off of her sandwich and Drew reached over, picked it up and shoved it into his mouth.  He never eats cheese, except parmesan on his noodles that he calls “rice.”  It took me forever to figure out what he wanted the first time he asked for it.
  •  On the way home from the splashground I had to slam on the brakes.  I said “I’m sorry” to the kids and Drew said “It’s ok.”
  •  He came in the kitchen acting like a gorilla and I said what are you doing?  He said “I’m acting like a gorilla.”  I said “Well you make a great gorilla.” And then he said “Thank you.” (ahhhh)
  •  He has to smell 5 different essential oils as part of his exercises.  The goal is for him to be able to recognize these smells.  Today he told me what they all were!!  Of course, tomorrow he probably won’t be able to tell me any of them.  But I’ll take it.  
  • We were doing his exercises tonight he says “Can we go swimming in the pool?”  I said “We can tomorrow.” And he said “I’m so excited!”
  • In the past he would get in the pool by going down the stairs only.  Tonight he started to sit on the edge of the pool and then turn around and ease himself in. 
Tomorrow we are going to the Atlanta Zoo with Adeline and 2 other sweet families that we have met at Brain Balance.  I might even post about it tomorrow…might.  :-)
Until later.








No comments:

Post a Comment